Do you ever want to just dump everything in your pantry into a pot, cook it and have it magically come out as a meal? Well, with this vegan chili recipe, this is exactly what I am asking you to do!
Luckily, one of my favorite meals is also the easiest to make. And the best part of it is, you can change up the ingredients based on what you have on hand, and I guarantee it will still be delicious.
If you are like me, you have a weekly shopping list of vegan staples for your pantry. Most likely, you have a variety of beans, seeds, and vegetables on hand. You will not find a recipe so easy as this one.
What Makes a Good Vegan Chili?
In my opinion, the most important element of a good chili is in the sauce. For example, if you have a delicious base, you can add anything else to it and it will not change the flavor drastically. So, I recommend you put your time and effort into perfecting your base.
Now, some of you may prefer more of the chili powder flavor. Others, you may prefer spice. So, feel free to try different proportions to the recipe below. I enjoy my chili slight spicy, somewhat sweet, and heavy on the chili spices. You will see below that I have a few secret ingredients that really creates the best combination of these wonderful flavors.
Although this is my own recipe, the top chilis at a workplace chili cookoff inspired it. I was able to obtain the secret ingredients from a couple of the participants. Then, I took what I thought was the best of those, and kind of combined them. And, voila! I think that you will enjoy this recipe if you are a chili fan.
If you do enjoy this recipe, please comment below! And, if you have modified it, we would love to hear about your modifications.
Vegan Chili Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Can (16 oz) Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Can (16 oz) Black Beans
- 1 Can (16 oz) Pinto Beans
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 Can Peas
- 1/2 Cup Hot Pickled Peppers Aka Banana Peppers
- 2 Tbsp Pickling Juice from the Hot Pickled Peppers Jar
- 1 Can (15 oz) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can (8 oz) Tomato Paste
- 1 Can (8 oz) Tomato Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt Or more to taste
- 1 Tsp Pepper Or more to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large soup pot, and gently warm up.
- Dice the onion and add to olive oil. Cook until transparent.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir until coated.
- Add all spices and stir. Cook for 5 minutes to incorporate the flavors.
- Add pickled peppers, their juice, and the brown sugar.
- Stir well, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
Let us know what you think of this recipe!
- Vegan Chili Recipe: A Comfort Food With a Secret Ingredient You Will Love - October 23, 2020
- Vegan Leather: Saving Lives Through Innovative Ethical Products - October 13, 2020
- Interview With A Vegan | You Want to Know, We Pry - October 3, 2020
Chantelle is passionate about health and wellness, and fell in love with the vegan philosophy over ten years ago. Experiencing that it is not always easy to find vegan products, she created this site as a way to share what she’s learned, and to provide a simple, practical way for vegans or people courting the idea of veganism through information sharing, product reviews, and recommendations.